Wednesday 10 June 2009

I'm a bit of a boardgame geek...

I love a good boardgame. The challenge, the interaction - you don't get the same 'feel' from a computer game (and I love playing computer games). I'm talking about games like Agricola, Puerto Rico, Small World, Carcassonne and Munchkin and many more (at least another 50!)
I have the idea for designing a game based on religion. Well, why not? I know quite a bit about it. :-)

The premise being you have to create a religion and persuade as many social groups as you can to follow your ideals. You have the choice of being nasty or nice, use wealth or corruption and even brainwashing. Get enough followers and you can dump them to gain new followers that will be more effective in spreading the 'truth'.

Add a heavy dose of sarcasm, sprinkle it with irony and roast in the fiery pits of hell and I'm hoping to create a fun filled family game of humour and megalomania.

L Ron Humbug, I owe you a 'thanks' in the credits!

If I get a prototype going, then I might need some play testers and feedback or ideas from the blogging community. (Remember - I want my boys to be able to play this game too! So lets avoid the kiddy fiddling priests... always best to, I find!)

I'll let you all know how it goes... :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are unmoderated (free speech and all that) but I have decided to take off anonymous posting. If I can stick my head over the parapet, then common decency suggests that anyone wishing to debate should at least introduce themselves. :-)
Thanks. And feel free to comment about anything!